Since the passage of The Affordable Health Care Act, individuals have a very wide range of insurance products to chose from. Along with this came an enormously large variety of differing policies. This makes it difficult – or impossible – for me to tell you the answer to the most common question — How much will this cost?
Although I am a Preferred Provider for most insurance companies and EAP’s (Employee Assistance Programs), they do not provide me with any information other than to tell me whether or not you are covered at the time of Services.
By law all insurance companies must provide for Outpatient Mental Health, however that is the extent of the requirements.
For this reason it is IMPORTANT that you call your insurance company before your initial visit to find out your benefits. It can be quite confusing and I will gladly help you understand what you learn.
Below is a list of questions to ask when you phone. It is also very helpful to write the answers down and bring them with you to your initial visit.
Some people prefer to pay cash for various reasons; if this is your choice please discuss it with me.
- The flat fee at time of service is $85 for each 60 minute session.
- Online (via FaceTime, Skype or any other) and Phone Sessions – does require a minimum of 3 pre-paid sessions.
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. I am a Preferred Provided on the Blue Cross/Blue Shield Network and most other insurances within the state of Montana. I DO NOT BILL INSURANCE COMPANIES FOR DISTANCE COUNSELING OR COACHING, however I can provide a Super Bill for you to submit. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following:
- Do I have outpatient mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible, and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is pre-approval required from my primary care physician?
Please call or email to arrange for a free phone consultation to arrange scheduling and discuss goals before payment